A | A | A
Norway’s official websites abroad

Lost or Stolen Passport

Last updated: 11.05.2011 // What to do if your passport is lost or stolen.

It is required to report the loss of passport to the local police. When you get the police report you can apply for a new passport at the embassy. The Embassy can only issue passport for Norwegian nationals.

A form of Norwegian identification is required, such as Norwegian driver’s licence, Norwegian banker’s card, Norwegian birth certificate, etc. A special form for loss of passport must be completed in duplicate (this form may be obtained at the Embassy). For renewal of your passport, please see the following link.

Emergency passports can be issued for Norwegian citizens at the Embassy in exceptional circumstances. Two passport photos are required for emergency passports. The passport will be handwritten and laminated and are valid for one trip only.  

Nordic citizens

Citizens from Denmark, Sweden and Finland must contact their respective Embassies accredited to Malawi, namely the Danish Embassy in Maputo, the Swedish Embassy in Harare, and the Embasy of Finland  in Lusaka. The Embassies will then contact the British High Commission in Lilongwe in order to issue an Emergency Travel Document. This may normally take two days. Icelandic citizens can contact the Icelandic International Development Agency in Lilongwe for assistance.


" id="ctl00_Main_MainBodyRegion_MainBodySelector_body_MainBodyFooter1_ucSocialSharing_uxSocialMedialink" class="addthis_button"> Bookmark and Share